Home > Import from China Guide > Section 10
- Who Helps You Ship Products?
- Understand 5 Basic Incoterms
- Courier for Cargos Below 500kg
- Sea Freight for Cargos Over 2CBM
- Air Freight for Cargos Above 500kg
- Railway Freight for Full Container Load
- Sea Freight Plus Courier for Ecommerce
- Epackage for Dropshipping (less than 2kg)
- Handling Custom Clearance in China
1. Who Helps You Ship Products?
2. Understand 5 Basic Incoterms
3. Courier for cargos below 500kg
- Fast. It only takes 3-5 days to deliver to most countries.
- The easiest way to finish the import customs clearance. Fewer compliance certifications are needed than other shipping methods.
- The shipping quote is very simple. It’s just charged a price by each kilogram. The same unit price to ship to any addresses as long as they are in the same country.
How much does courier service cost for each kilogram?
How to ship products by courier?
4. Sea freight for cargos over 2CBM
How much does sea freight cost?
How long does sea freight take to arrive?
5. Air freight for cargos above 500kg
Why is air freight better than courier? What is the shipping cost for air freight?
6. Railway Freight for Full Container Load
7. Sea Freight Plus Courier for Ecommerce
8. Epackage for Dropshipping (less than 2kg)
How does Epackage work?
Advantages of Epackage
Shortcomings of Epackage
Costs of Epacakge
The best way is to check the website of the famous Epackage company Yanwen. Fill out the departure and destination countries. Put in the estimated weight of each parcel. Then you will get a list of quotes of epackage solutions provided by different companies. One of the best providers is EUB, standing for China Post Epackage, and you can take its price as a reference.
How to ship by Epackage?
Most Chinese suppliers who offering dropshipping services have connections with epackage companies. But if you want to order products in large quantities from manufacturers or wholesale suppliers without dropshipping fulfillment service, you’d better find a fulfillment center in China, or contact our company for help. Because epacakge companies only help with shipping but don’t do fulfimment.
9. Handling Custom Clearance in China
The last important step is customs clearance. You should know what documents or certificates are needed in the process.
In the process of the export customs clearance in China, the following documents are necessary for all kinds of products:
- Commercial invoice
- Packing list
- Bill of lading
- Certificate of origin
Of course, there are additional certificates needed according to different customs supervision requirements on products. But for the export process, you needn’t worry about it too much. Usually, the supplier will help you tackle it.
In the process of import customs clearance in your country, there are also some standards or documents according to customs requirements in your country. But 5 documents are needed just the same as the export process, including commercial invoice, contract, packing list, bill of lading, certificate of origin. But some other certificates are different according to countries or products. You can consult the freight forwarder who can help you with logistics.
Apart from the certificates, you need to pay for customs duties. But the standard is different according to countries or products. For example, if you import shoes from China to America, you need to pay customs duties, MPF(merchandise processing fee), and HMF(harbor maintenance fee).
You can consult freight forwarders or your customs broker for documents required and product duty rates.