What’s Lamzac Hangout? Why it sells so hot?Lamzac Hangout is created and designed by a Dutch company called Lamzac. It actually is an inflatable sofa with unique design and great materials. You’re capable to inflate it or pack it within a simply 10 secs, then it’ll just be comfortable enough to lay on. Except putting it on the ground, you can also place it in a pool, or even float it in a lake (just like a small boat). I have to say it is the best gift for outdoor recreation fans. A video “Great of Chilling in The Park” was uploaded on Facebook last September by LamZac Company and won a 12.7 million pave view in an extremely short time. It wasn’t available on the market until this April, when LamZac just delivered the first batch of goods to their preorder customers.
Compare Lamzac Hangout with Other Hot Selling ItemsAlmost in every year there’re several hot selling items exported to America and other countries from China. If you’ve concerned about popular products these years, you must be pretty familiar with such items like loom bands in 2014, selfie stick at early 2015, and of course, the LamZac Air Lounge this summer. Google trends has well explained their tendency during 2014 to 2016. The top search interest of LamZac Hangout is nearly 3 times of balancing scooter’s. As we all know how crazy the world was for hover boards and how selfie stick became an international sensation, it’s not difficult to imagine what would happen to this inflatable sofa. Although there’re less people searching LamZac Hangout on google now, all suppliers I know got more orders in these few months. As this product is more preferably used in hot season, I guess it’d have a super-hot sale next summer.
Where is LamZac Hangout Air Lounge produced? China?Although Lamzac Hangout was designed by Marijn Oomen in Netherland and its patent belongs to an American company Fatboy who’s also in charge of the market, it’s actually made by a Dongguan (a city in Guangdong province) factory. That salesman from the factory told me they completed their first order of 300,000 air lounges on April. Numbers small factories in China saw this opportunity and got their models to copy when Lamzac first delivered the preorder items in April. Then we got hundreds of manufacturers making air lounge by the next month.
How to source the inflatable air lounge suppliers in China？My team were looking for lower pricing suppliers and found most factories are in the cities gathered lots of garment & outdoor goods makers. For example, Shenzhen, Dongguan, Yiwu, Guangzhou, Ningbo etc. Obviously, it’s a piece of cake for them to copy the air lounge as they’ve enough experience in producing sleeping bag or tent. When you need to figure out whether your vendor on Alibaba is a manufacture or not, you might as well see if it’s located in cities mentioned above and check whether it has items like sleeping bag or tent. If there’s nothing related to these products, even no polyester or nylon items, probably it’s only a middle man. Even if they do manufacture by themselves, I would be worried about their quality.
How to Choose Good Quality Air Lounge?Beyond question, the air lounge purchased by Lamzac is with great quality. So you can take it as an example and find a vendor with similar quality as well as lower price.
1. Know about the sizeWith a simple structure, it mainly consists of a nylon or polyester outer bag, a PE inner bag, a buckle and several PE tapes for sealing. The original Lamzac hangout is 245 x 70cm (12.5”x6”). Suppliers might offer a really low price with smaller size for attraction. Better check with yours whether his price is based on this size or not.
2. Understand this two types: Single bag & Double bagsAlmost every supplier has these two types of air lounge: single bag and double bags. The single bag only weights 1.1kg so it’s much easier to be inflated or packed. But the double bags can bear 150kg-200kg (330-440lb) while the other one could only take 100-150kg (220-330lb). Although air lounge with one bag is lighter and consume less material than double bags, it’s more expensive. Because it’s harder to produce and requires more labor.
3. Learn about the materialIn spite of size and types, the third important thing is the material. Most manufacturers would use polyester 201T instead of nylon 201T. To be honest, nylon possess higher quality and softer touch than polyester, but it’s much more expensive. Lamzac finally selected polyester for cost saving. However, if you’re really into the supreme quality, nylon would be your right choice.
4. Check the Tape quality of the openingWe’ve compared many samples from different vendors, what separates their qualities is the opening part of the bag, the key to durability.
- a. The opening part is made up by PE tapes and nylon or polyester tape wrap.
- b. Lamzac’s OEM factory used four 3.72mm PE tapes and 420D nylon wrap with 0.29mm thickness.
- c. The low pricing producer adopt 0.14mm thick polyester wrap and 2.2mm PE tape.
What’s the price to buy from Factories in China?It’s easy to see the price of the Original Lamzac hangout is $59 on Amazon, and that’s for polyester material. Their OEM factory also produce for other clients, and price is roughly $12 for polyester made, $15.3 for nylon made, based on small orders like several hundred units. However, lots small factories offer $7 for polyester made. As I mentioned above, it has a single bag version which is more convenient to use and carry. For polyester single bag air lounge, most small factories would give you an offer about $9.3. All these prices were learnt in 2016 August and all based on the quantity of 500 pcs. Plus the price might fluctuate when time goes by. They could only be taken as a reference for you. I hope it would help.
|LamZac on Amazon||LamZac’s OEM Factory||Small Factories|
The shipping cost for sending the air lounge from ChinaLet’s take an example of shipping 500 pcs Original Lamzac hangout double bags air lounge to Amazon’s fulfillment warehouse in California. 500 air lounges are about 681kg (1,501lb) and 3CBM (cubic meter). By Sea: According to our experience, roughly $900 ($1.8 for each) and 25 days would ship 3CBM goods from China to California Amazon warehouse, import tax excluded. By Air: No matter you use FedEx, UPS or DHL, you’ll get different freight rate in every week. Let’s assume we are sending 500 air lounges by FedEx today. With the unit price of $4 /KG ($1.8/lb), it’ll cost $2,724 in total, that is $5.45 for each.
|500 pcs||1 pc|